|Diameter:||29.50 mm (13 ligne)|
|Complications:||9-Column Chronograph, Chronograph, Column Wheel Chronograph|
|Hands:||12 Hour Chronograph Hand at 6:00, 30 Minute Chronograph Hand at 3:00, Central 60 Second Chronograph Hand, Central Hour Hand, Central Minute Hand, Small Seconds Hand at 9:00|
|Distinguishing Technical Characteristics|
Clockwise Balance Cock
|Production: 1969 – 1974|
The Valjoux Cal. 726 is a celebrated hand-winding chronograph movement produced from 1974. A higher-beat replacement for the venerable Valjoux Cal. 72, it operates at 21,600 A/h rather than 18,000 A/h. Cal. 726 was in production in 1974, with some sources suggesting it was introduced as early as 1969.
Valjoux Cal. 726 Functions
Cal. 236 and Cal. 726 are almost identical except that the latter adds a 12 hour counter at 6:00 on the dial.
- Central hours and minute hands and chronograph seconds
- 30 minute counter at 3:00
- 12 hour counter at 6:00
- Running small seconds at 9:00
Valjoux Cal. 726 Applications
The Valjoux 726 was used by many brands, notably including Certina, Enicar, Eterna, Franck Muller, and Longines.
The Valjoux 726 was also used by Rolex and known as Cal. 727. Changes include the use of a Microstella regulator and Rolex finishing, including the initials ROW for “Rolex Werke”.
Valjoux 23/72 Family Movements
The Valjoux Cal. 23/72 family was primarily made up of eight movements, with all others being variations on these. Many components are shared between most or all of these movements, with the main variations happening together over the long production of the series.
- Cal. 23 VZ – Basic movement with no hour counter
- Cal. 72 VZH – Basic movement with hour counter
- Cal. 72c VZHC – Cal. 72 with triple calendar
- Cal. 88 VZHCL – Cal. 72c with moon phase
- Cal. 78 VZSC – Non-chronograph triple calendar
- Cal. 90 VZSCL – Cal. 78 with moon phase
- Cal. 69 DX – Compact 10.5 ligne chronograph
- Cal. 89 DXC – Compact 10.5 ligne triple calendar
|Triple Date||78 VZSC||23C||72c VZHC|
|Flyback and Date||237|
|24 Hour Hand||724||729|
|Calendar and Moon Phase||89 DXC|