|Diameter:||29.5 mm (13 ligne)|
|Image from http://ninanet.net/watches/others15/Mediums/mheuer.html||Complications:||2-Button, 9-Column Chronograph, Chronograph, Column Wheel Chronograph, Flyback Chronograph|
|Hands:||30 Minute Chronograph Hand at 3:00, Central 60 Second Chronograph Hand, Central Hour Hand, Central Minute Hand, Small Seconds Hand at 9:00|
|Distinguishing Technical Characteristics|
Clockwise Balance Cock
|Production: 1954 – 1974|
The Valjoux 230 is a hand-winding flyback chronograph movement in the Valjoux 72 family. The Valjoux 230 was produced in the 1970s.
The Valjoux 230 and 720 are almost identical except that the latter adds a 12 hour counter at 6:00 on the dial.
- Central hours and minute hands and chronograph seconds
- 30 minute counter at 3:00
- Running small seconds at 9:00
The Valjoux 230 was one of the movements used in the famous Heuer Bundeswehr Chronograph 3H Ref. 1550 SG Flyback.
Valjoux 23/72 Family Movements
The Valjoux Cal. 23/72 family was primarily made up of eight movements, with all others being variations on these. Many components are shared between most or all of these movements, with the main variations happening together over the long production of the series.
- Cal. 23 VZ – Basic movement with no hour counter
- Cal. 72 VZH – Basic movement with hour counter
- Cal. 72c VZHC – Cal. 72 with triple calendar
- Cal. 88 VZHCL – Cal. 72c with moon phase
- Cal. 78 VZSC – Non-chronograph triple calendar
- Cal. 90 VZSCL – Cal. 78 with moon phase
- Cal. 69 DX – Compact 10.5 ligne chronograph
- Cal. 89 DXC – Compact 10.5 ligne triple calendar
|Triple Date||78 VZSC||23C||72c VZHC|
|Flyback and Date||237|
|24 Hour Hand||724||729|
|Calendar and Moon Phase||89 DXC|