|Diameter:||29.50 mm (13 ligne)|
|Complications:||2-Button, 9-Column Chronograph, Chronograph, Column Wheel Chronograph, Flyback Chronograph|
|Hands:||12 Hour Chronograph Hand at 6:00, 30 Minute Chronograph Hand at 3:00, Central 60 Second Chronograph Hand, Central Hour Hand, Central Minute Hand, Small Seconds Hand at 9:00|
|Distinguishing Technical Characteristics|
Clockwise Balance Cock
The Valjoux 720 is a hand-winding flyback chronograph movement in the Valjoux 72 family. The Valjoux 720 was produced in the 1970s.
The Valjoux 230 and 720 are almost identical except that the latter adds a 12 hour counter at 6:00 on the dial.
- Central hours and minute hands and chronograph seconds
- 30 minute counter at 3:00
- 12 hour counter at 6:00
- Running small seconds at 9:00
The Valjoux 720 is extremely rare. One user of this movement was Franck Muller.
Valjoux 23/72 Family Movements
The Valjoux Cal. 23/72 family was primarily made up of eight movements, with all others being variations on these. Many components are shared between most or all of these movements, with the main variations happening together over the long production of the series.
- Cal. 23 VZ – Basic movement with no hour counter
- Cal. 72 VZH – Basic movement with hour counter
- Cal. 72c VZHC – Cal. 72 with triple calendar
- Cal. 88 VZHCL – Cal. 72c with moon phase
- Cal. 78 VZSC – Non-chronograph triple calendar
- Cal. 90 VZSCL – Cal. 78 with moon phase
- Cal. 69 DX – Compact 10.5 ligne chronograph
- Cal. 89 DXC – Compact 10.5 ligne triple calendar
Images are taken from official publications and are used here for commentary and educational purposes. Copyright is held by the original owner as noted.
|Triple Date||78 VZSC||23C||72c VZHC|
|Flyback and Date||237|
|24 Hour Hand||724||729|
|Calendar and Moon Phase||89 DXC|