|Diameter:||29.50 mm (13 ligne)|
|Rene Kriegbaum Decorated Valjoux 724||Complications:||2-Button, 24 Hour Hand, 9-Column Chronograph, Chronograph, Column Wheel Chronograph|
|Hands:||12 Hour Chronograph Hand at 6:00, 30 Minute Chronograph Hand at 3:00, Central 24 Hour Hand, Central 60 Second Chronograph Hand, Central Hour Hand, Central Minute Hand, Small Seconds Hand at 9:00|
|Distinguishing Technical Characteristics|
Clockwise Balance Cock
The Valjoux 724 is a hand-winding chronograph movement with GMT function in the Valjoux 72 family. The GMT function uses a central 24 hour hand that can not be adjusted independently and thus requires a rotating bezel to read. Cal. 724 was replaced by the higher-beat rate Cal. Valjoux 729 around 1974.
- Central hours and minute hands
- Central chronograph seconds
- Central 24 hour hand
- 30 minute counter at 3:00
- 12 hour counter at 6:00
- Running small seconds at 9:00
Cal. 724 was used by brands such as Breitling and Wittnauer.
Valjoux 23/72 Family Movements
The Valjoux Cal. 23/72 family was primarily made up of eight movements, with all others being variations on these. Many components are shared between most or all of these movements, with the main variations happening together over the long production of the series.
- Cal. 23 VZ – Basic movement with no hour counter
- Cal. 72 VZH – Basic movement with hour counter
- Cal. 72c VZHC – Cal. 72 with triple calendar
- Cal. 88 VZHCL – Cal. 72c with moon phase
- Cal. 78 VZSC – Non-chronograph triple calendar
- Cal. 90 VZSCL – Cal. 78 with moon phase
- Cal. 69 DX – Compact 10.5 ligne chronograph
- Cal. 89 DXC – Compact 10.5 ligne triple calendar
Images are taken from official publications and are used here for commentary and educational purposes. Copyright is held by the original owner as noted.
|Triple Date||78 VZSC||23C||72c VZHC|
|Flyback and Date||237|
|24 Hour Hand||724||729|
|Calendar and Moon Phase||89 DXC|