Swiss patent CH100230A was registered by Les Fils de Jeanneret-Brehm on May 24, 1922. It covers the spare parts compartment found on various Excelsior Park movements, including the Excelsior Park JB1 Family. Although registered in the 1920s, it appears that this compartment was included on earlier movements, and the distinctive plate cover is seen in the original patent for Cal. JB1, issues in 1891, CH3364A.
Cals. JB1, JB11, and JB15 include the Jeanneret spare parts compartment embedded in the movement next to the balance. This was patented in the 1920s. The parts container included the following text in various languages:
- Dutch: “Hieronder reservedeelen”
- English: “Spare parts in here”
- French: “Ci-dessous fournitures de rechange
- German: “Hier ūnten Ersatzstücke”
- Romanian: “edesubt piese de schimb”
See Also: Patent CH100230A