STP1-11 is the basis for an automatic watch movement family from Swiss Technology Production produced since 2008, with volume production beginning in 2012. It is a replacement for the popular ETA 2800 family and uses the same wheel architecture. STP uses a longer, thinner mainspring, boosting power reserve to 44 hours. It also includes an extra jewel on the barrel arbor.
The production line was expanded in 2012, beginning volume production of Cal. STP1-11, and was automated in 2015 for further production and quality. Complicated movements with a power reserve indicator built on this base, known as Cal. STP2-12, were introduced in 2015. The open heart Cal. STP5-15 and skeletonized Cal. STP6-15 were added in 2016. The smaller Cal. STP8-14 was added in 2016 and the larger Cal. STP4-13 in 2017. 2019 saw a range of variations on the existing STP2-12 calibres.
STP may have used an ebauche from Sea-Gull in China to build the STP1-11 family. Photos on the company web site previously included the label, “ST2100”, which is the identifier found on the Sea-Gull ST2130 movement. The same has been said of the Valanvron VAL-24. Due to their Swiss content and finishing, STP can legally classify these movements as “Swiss Made”, and the company may now construct most or all of the movement in-house.
|Swan Neck Regulator||STP3-13|
STP also builds modular movements on the STP1-11 base. These movements, known as STP2-12, eliminate the central seconds hand and include calendar complications, power reserve indicator, and even a regulator layout.
- STP2-12-1: Retrograde Power Reserve Indicator, Small Seconds, Date Subdial
- STP2-12-11: Retrograde Power Reserve Indicator
- STP2-12-12: Small Seconds
- STP2-12-13: Retrograde Power Reserve Indicator, Small Seconds
- STP2-12-3: Date by Pointer, Day Subdial, Retrograde Power Reserve Indicator, Small Seconds
- STP2-12-31: Date by Pointer
- STP2-12-32: Date by Pointer, Small Seconds
- STP2-12-33: Date by Pointer, Retrograde Power Reserve Indicator, Small Seconds
- STP2-12-6: Moon Phase Wheel and Day Subdial, Retrograde Power Reserve Indicator, Small Seconds, Date Subdial
- STP2-12-61: Moon Phase Wheel, Date Subdial
- STP2-12-62: Moon Phase Wheel, Small Seconds
- STP2-12-63: Moon Phase Wheel, Retrograde Power Reserve Indicator, Small Seconds
- STP2-12-7: Regulator with Central Minutes, Small Seconds, Hour Subdial, Retrograde Power Reserve Indicator