|Winding:||Automatic, Bi-Directional Automatic Winding, Central Rotor Automatic Winding|
|Complications:||Date, Hacking Seconds, Hand Winding, Quick Date Correction|
|Hands:||Central Hour Hand, Central Minute Hand, Central Seconds Hand, Date Window at 3:00|
|Distinguishing Technical Characteristics|
Counter-Clockwise Balance Cock
|Production: 2019 – Current|
Cal. 6R35 is an automatic time and date movement from Seiko. Introduced in 2019, Cal. 6R35 is an upscale movement in the 6R family. Unlike many of the complex 6R movements, however, it has only time, date, and central seconds and beats at a slower 21,600 A/h. It is similar in specifications to Cal. 6R15 but has a longer 70 hour power reserve and one extra jewel.
It is likely that Cal. 6R35 measures 27.40 mm diameter and 5.25 mm thick like Cal. 6R15, but this has not been confirmed in any official document.
Seiko 6R35 Applications
Seiko has begun using Cal. 6R35 in a number of higher-end Presage and Prospex models.
- 2019 Seiko Presage Arita Porcelain Dial, SPB095/SARX061
- 2020 Seiko Presage Crown Chronograph Tribute SPB127, SPB129, SPB131
- 2020 Seiko Presage SPB095, SPB111
- 2020 Seiko Presage SPB113, SPB115
- 2019 Seiko Prospex Diver SPB103J1/SBDC081, SPB101J1/SBDC083, SPB125J1/SBDC095, SPB149J1/SBDC107
- 2020 Seiko Prospex Alpinist SPB117J1/SBDC087, SBDC089/SPB119J1, SPB121J1/SBDC091, SPB123J1
- 2020 Seiko Presage “Sharp Edge” SPB165, SPB167, SPB169, SPB170
Seiko 6R35 Operation
Like other 6R movements, Cal. 6R35 includes hacking seconds and can be hand-wound.
The movement can be manually wound with the crown in position 1. Rotate the crown clockwise to wind the mainspring.
The date wheel is advanced with the crown in second position (one notch out). Turn the crown counter-clockwise to advance the date wheel by one day.
The date should not be adjusted between 9 PM and 1 AM.
The time is set with the crown in third position (pulled all the way out). Rotate the crown clockwise to advance the minute and hour hands and counter-clockwise to turn them backward.Images are taken from official publications and are used here for commentary and educational purposes. Copyright is held by the original owner as noted.