|Brand:||Landeron Swiss Movements|
|Winding:||Automatic, Central Rotor Automatic Winding|
|Hands:||Central Hour Hand, Central Minute Hand, Central Seconds Hand|
|Distinguishing Technical Characteristics|
Clockwise Balance Cock
Cal. L24 is a compact automatic movement with various options produced by Landeron Swiss Movements. It is designed as a replacement for the ETA 2824-2 and related movements, with a family of options available, including small seconds, power reserve, big date, moon phase, and GMT hand. The similar day/date movement (a replacement for the ETA 2836-2) is called Cal. L36.
Landeron Swiss Movements (which is unrelated to the historic Landeron company) produces the movement using components made in house and supplied by Swiss manufacturers. In response to our questions, Landeron management assured Grail Watch that they do not source components from Chinese factories.
Landeron is working to supply small and medium brands with smaller quantities of movements. One confirmed customer is BWG Bavarian Watch, which will use a customized version of Cal. L24 starting in 2022. The BWG movement is pictured above.
Landeron Cal. 24 Family
The following variations of Cal. L24 have been referenced, though it is unclear how many have been produced in volume:
- 25 jewel, central seconds, date at 3:00
- 25 jewel, date at 3:00, small seconds at 6:00
- 27 jewel, central seconds, date at 3:00, power reserve at 6:00
- 27 jewel, central seconds, power reserve at 6:00, big date at 12:00
- 27 jewel, date at 3:00, small seconds at 6:00, moon phase at 12:00
- 26 jewel, central seconds, 24 hour dial, date at 3:00
- 26 jewel, central seconds, GMT hand, date at 3:00 (“L24 GMT”)
- 25 jewel, central seconds, day and date at 3:00 (“L36”)